Cold-Fighting Chicken Soup
anti-inflammatory & cold-fighting
The BEST Chicken soup you will ever eat!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1tbs fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbs fresh grated turmeric (or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2kg boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp freshly chopped thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pearl or Israeli couscous
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
Next add in grated ginger and grated turmeric. Saute for 30 seconds to let the spices cook a bit, then add in chicken broth, chicken breast, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
Once chicken is cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board to shred with two forks.
Add chicken back to pot then stir in frozen peas. If you find that you don’t have enough broth, feel free to add in another cup. Everyone likes their soup differently. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Enjoy.